How To Brew - Houjicha or Genmaicha
Brewing houjicha or genmaicha is extremely easy. In Japan, these drinks are enjoyed by everyone regardless of their age.
- Bring a fresh pot of water to boil.
- Fill your teapot with two tablespoons (30g) of tea leaves.
- Once the water has boiled, immediately pour 400ml into your teapot.
- Allow the tea to steep for approximately 30 seconds.
- With a tea strainer placed over your teacup, pour the brewed tea in. Ensure the tea is poured till the last drop to enjoy the full flavour of the tea.