Intern with us in Wazuka, Kyoto
Assist with full range of tasks: farming, preparing products, welcoming visitors in our cafe, etc.
- Note: our work is seasonal. For example, harvest season in the Spring / Summer requires more farm work vs. peak tourism season in the Fall requires more cafe & hospitality work
- Be willing to help with anything! In a small-knit, collaborative team, we all pitch in as needed
- Assist with full range of tasks: farming, preparing products, welcoming visitors in our cafe, etc.
Learn the day-to-day operations of a tea business
- From producing tea, to managing a nimble team, to selling direct-to-consumer...
Experience life in Japan’s countryside!
- We're located in Yubune, Wazuka, a small town with limited public transportation and no supermarkets, so you'll be welcomed like a member of our family
- As a homestay, we provide housing & eat meals together (work day lunches & biweekly dinners included)
- More info about logistics & accomodations to be shared once accepted
Explore the Kansai region of Japan
- Most interns enjoy visiting Kyoto city, Osaka & Nara on days off (2x per week)
- Public transport: 80 min to Kyoto, 90 min to Osaka, 40 min to Nara
- Learn the day-to-day operations of a tea business
What we’re looking for: You would make a great fit for d:matcha if you are...
- Passionate about tea / tea entrepreneurship. You’ll learn all aspects of our family business
- A team player - open to helping on all fronts & willing to roll up your sleeves
- A self starter - proactive and comfortable working independently!
- Equipped with skills that would strengthen our organization