Cook With Tea - Upcycling steeped tea leaves
Have you ever wondered what to do with your tea leaves that have been steeped? Did you know that d:matcha's sencha tea leaves are perfectly edible even after they have been brewed three times!
Recipe One | Sencha with soy sauce
Ingredients: - Sencha - Soy sauce
1) Take out the desired amount steeped sencha leaves and place it on a small dish.
2) Slowly pour in the soy sauce.
Recipe Two | Sencha with rice and salt
- Cooked rice
1) Separate your cooked rice into equal portions.
2) Add your steeped sencha leaves on top.
3) Lightly sprinkle salt.
4) Mix the three ingredients well with a spoon.
Recipe Three | Pickled sencha with yuzu
- 10g sencha
- 5g ginger
- 2/3 cup of cooking oil
- Two pinches of salt
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- A pinch of dried yuzu
1) Mix all of your ingredients into a food processor.
2) Blend the ingredients to your ideal consistency. You may add in hot water if you prefer a thicker paste.
3) Transfer the paste to a glass jar and refrigerator for 24 hours.