We harvested the rice on September 5, 2023.
Grown surrounded by the beautiful tea fields and clear streams of Wazuka Town
We cultivated this rice in the fields surrounded by the beautiful tea fields and the clear waters of the Yubune River in Wazuka Town.
Abundant water and a climate with significant day-night temperature variations make for ideal conditions for delicious rice cultivation.
No Pesticide and Chemical Fertilizer-Free Cultivation
Because we eat it every day, we wanted it to be gentle on our bodies and as natural as possible. That's why we grew it with no pesticides and with only one-time herbicide(without any chemical fertilizers).
Since it's grown using natural methods, there may be occasional black grains mixed in due to insect damage, but we appreciate your understanding.
Revitalizing Wazuka's Rice Fields: d:matcha's Rice Cultivation
d:matcha has been growing rice in Wazuka Town's Yubune district since 2021.
Not only tea fields but also rice fields were beginning to deteriorate due to a lack of successors.
In the midst of this, the owner of these rice fields offered us the opportunity to try rice cultivation.
The owner's grandfather is also elderly, and rice farming was nearing its limits. He kindly provided technical guidance to pass on rice cultivation to d:matcha while he was still in good health.
In our third year of rice cultivation, we learned from last year's mistakes and worked diligently. This year, we achieved a higher yield, and the rice turned out delicious.
Half polished rice "Gobu Seimai"
~Easy to cook and taste~
To enjoy the taste and nutrition of the rice, we offer it as "Gobu Seimai" (half-polished rice).
"Gobu Seimai" falls between brown rice and white rice, allowing you to enjoy both the taste and nutritional components of rice. We serve "Gobu Seimai" rice for lunch at d:matcha's café.
(1) "Gobu Seimai" offers just the right amount of dietary fiber, about 2-3 times that of white rice. It's easier to cook than brown rice. The cooking method is the same as white rice.
(2) It provides a variety of vitamins, including Vitamin E and B-group vitamins, as well as minerals like iron, magnesium, and lithium, compared to white rice.
(3) It's delicious, with a more enjoyable taste compared to brown rice and a fuller flavor compared to white rice. Our staff at d:matcha eat "Gobun Seimai" rice every day, and they've even found regular white rice to taste bland in comparison!
This product contains:
- Half polished rice (1kg)
How to cook rice1. Wash rice with cold water.
2. Place rice into a saucepan and add 1.5 times of water.
3. Put the lid on and heat it on high heat.
4. When it starts boiling, turn down the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. (Keep the lid on)
5. Turn off the heat and steam for another 10-15 minutes.