Please note that the cost stated is for per bowl.
Handmade in the Shigaraki Town of Japan, these beautiful ochazuke or rice bowls were inspired by the morning fog that often ascends upon this mountainous region.
Each serving bowl is specially handcrafted and is bound to provide you with the soothing comfort that a delicious meal brings at the end of a long day.
Compliment your ochazuke bowl with d:matcha Kyoto's Organic Ochazuke Set.
Take a fifteen minute drive from d:matcha Kyoto's organic tea fields in the Yubune Region of Wazuka Town to reach the Shigaraki area. The kilns in this area are considered one of the Six Ancient Kilns in Japan. While famous Shigaraki-ware includes tanuki figurines, this area has a long-standing history in local pottery traditions.
The use of Shigariki-ware in tea ceremonies was normalised after tea master Murata Juko instructed for these items to be used. The natural characteristics of Shigaraki-made teaware poignantly reflected the wabi-sabi aesthetics and principles of sado.
Read more about Shigaraki here.
- Cost of the product is for one bowl.
- 11.5cm x 6cm (Height x depth)
- The capacity of this bowl is 180ml.
- No two bowls are identical as they are all handmade.
- The shape of the bowls are similar but they may be minor variations in terms of the colour patterns and intensity. As such there may be minute differences from the pieces we have in stock and those pictured.