Please note that this is a pre-order item and is scheduled to be shipped out for delivery by end-May.
As part of our growing efforts to promote the name of Wazuka-grown tea we have been working towards revitalising the Yubune Region of Wazuka, Kyoto.
Located towards the east and bordering Shigaraki Town, a key part of the motivation stems from the majority of our organically managed tea fields being located in this area. Over the years, we have thus built a deep relationship with the residents of Yubune and would like to share their warmth to the world. As well as produce more delicious pesticide-free Japanese tea in the process.
More recently, we replanted two Kyoto tea cultivated varieties at our tea field in Yubune. This endeavour however, is a long-term project as the young tea seedlings will take approximately five years to mature.
To compliment the young tea seedlings, we also planted six yuzu tea trees! Yuzu is an extremely hardly plant that is riddled with thorns to keep our predators. The fruit can also be used for a range of products including of course, blended tea.
We are now inviting other people from around the world to join us in this project. Those helping us develop Yubune will also receive the following:
- A hand-selection of six different types of 2022 sencha by Daiki Tanaka.
- Two types of organically cultivated matcha.
- A Shigaraki tea wear item - A special mystery item that d:matcha is working in collaboration with a young potter from Shigaraki.
- A special 30% discount coupon for an in-person Wazuka Tea Tour. No expiry date, limited to one person per transaction.
To show our gratitude, we will also be inscribing the names of the supporters on-site at our redeveloped house in Yubune, Wazuka.
- Watch the replanting process that was documented from start to finish.
- Stay up to date with the progress of the Yubune Community Development Project on our Instagram.
- Read more about our initiatives to revitalising Wazuka, Kyoto here.
- Each sencha variation weighs 40g and is packed in a resealable bag. Each serving can be brewed up to three times using different water temperatures.
- Each matcha variation weighs 20g and is packed in a resealable bag.