Up till 2021 and prior to the height of the COVID-19 situation, d:matcha Kyoto has accepted more than 20 interns from all over the globe. Recently we have received numerous applications and while we are grateful for the interest in our company, due to our limited resources, we unfortunately are unable to accommodate everyone.
We would thus appreciate it if interested applicants could read the following to assess if they are good fit for d:matcha Kyotos’ internship programme. Interested participants should send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the header "d:matcha Kyoto | Internship Application".
Life as a d:matcha intern
- Assist with the day to day tasks at d:matcha Kyoto. This includes helping out with farm work, the cafe, preparation of products, and packing.
- Duration of internship: 14 days to 1 month
- You may choose to stay at the accommodation provided (This is not a requirement).
Located in the Yubune region of Wazuka Town our accommodation was fully refurbished and renovated in 2021.
- Estimated cost: JPY 1,500 per night (Utilities and Wi-Fi included)
- Individual rooms.
- Shared shower, toilets, and laundry.
- Lunch will be provided. Interns will be required to prepare their own breakfasts and dinner. You may use the rice or tea provided.
- The nearest bus stop is one minute and the bus service runs once every hour. d:matcha CAFE & KITCHEN is located 10 minutes away via bus.
- Priority will be given to those who are interested in or have plans to start their own tea-related business in the future.
- Priority will also be given those who have skill sets that we are currently in need of.
- As we are a small knit team, respect for the d:matcha Kyoto staff and being able to abide by the rules are strict non-negotiable aspects of the internship.
- Please note that for those under the internship programme, a more hands-off approach will be adopted. Potential interns will also be required to assist with the workload as a means of earning their accommodation and meals.
For applications who are interested in attaining a comprehensive tea education or an intensive experience, we would recommend d:matcha Kyoto’s Tea Business School. When you are enrolled with d:matcha as a student, you will receive a 100% commitment and support from the d:matcha Kyoto staff and Daiki Tanaka.
Those who enrol as a Tea Business School student are also automatically eligible for the internship either before the start of their programme or after it has been completed.